About our School
The Hamilton High School is a Catholic, Voluntary, Lay, boys-only Secondary School. The school building and grounds are privately owned by Mr. Pádraig Hamilton, who is also the School Manager. This non fee paying all boys’ school was founded by Mr. Sean Hamilton in 1940.
We set out to provide a happy and safe environment, conducive to good teaching and learning.
Cuirtear béim chóir ar an nGaeilge agus spreagtar na daltaí lena labhairt.
The HamiltonHigh School has:
- excellent academic standards
- relatively small classes, especially at Senior Cycle
- an extensive range of subjects, especially at Senior Cycle
- an atmosphere conducive to good teaching and learning
The school has been offering an excellent service to the Bandon area for over seventy years. We are grateful for the confidence placed in us and we look forward to further achievements in the future.
While a strong emphasis is placed on academic standards, the school community aims to participate in the development of each pupil into a mature, responsible and caring citizen, equipped with life skills and qualifications that will enable him to live a fulfilling and happy life.
Our students are encouraged to become lifelong, independent learners.