Dear 6th students, Parents & Guardians,
Please find reminder below from CAO:
Over 4,000 applicants have yet to enter any course choices
This free facility offers applicants the opportunity to add, remove or change the order of their course choices. To make changes,...applicants should log in via the ‘My Application’ facility and go to the section for changing course choices.
CAO would like to advise all applicants to think carefully about introducing new courses or changing their order of preference at this stage in the application process.
Head of communications for CAO, Eileen Keleghan, asks applicants to always remember to place their course choices in genuine order of preference; “What we would like to advise applicants to avoid doing is making changes to their order of preference or course choices based on assumptions about grades or speculation about what the points are going to be for a particular course.
“If applicants simply follow the golden rule of placing all of their courses in their genuine order of preference, they will be offered the course highest up on their preference list that they are deemed entitled to”, she added.
Other advice for applicants from CAO is as follows:
1. Make sure to carefully check your application and ensure that all of the course codes are correct and listed in order of preference before the 1 July at 5pm.
2. When entering new courses or editing existing course choices, applicants must list all courses on the New Choices list in their preferred order of preference.
3. After making changes to an application, applicants will receive an email - applicants should read this email carefully to ensure that there are no errors or omissions.
4. In May, all applicants were sent a Statement of Application Record by email. Applicants who have not logged in to their account to check and confirm that all of their personal and examination information is correct should do so now and notify CAO immediately if there are any errors or omissions.
5. Mature applicants or those considering adding a restricted course to their application should read page 3 of the CAO Handbook before using the facility.
A video guide to the CAO Change of Mind process is available here:
CAO Course Choices DOs and DON'Ts available here:
15th June 2022
Best of luck to our former pupil Liam Crowley who is part of the UCD cycling team that are taking part in rás Tailteann this week.
Best of Luck to our Exam Students!
7th June 2022
Hamilton High School wishes all our Leaving Cert and Junior Cycle students the very best of luck in their exams.
Congratulations to the Leaving Cert Class 2022
1st June 2022
Congratulations to the Leaving Cert Class 2022 on their graduation from Hamilton High School. We wish them all the very best for the future and hope that they cherish the memories they have of their time with us. Here are...some pictures from the ceremony which took place recently.
Special mention to the students who received awards:
Hurler of the Year - Jonathan Kenneally
Footballer of the Year - Gavin Kelleher
Students' student of the Year - Glen Hooper
Student of the Year - Paddy O'Halloran
Principal's Award - Ferdia GibbonsRead moreLess